Volunteers help MAM to serve the community in all of MAM’s program areas. Volunteers have been the backbone of the organization for 30 years. It takes a minimum of 40 volunteers each day to open our doors to clients and customers. We have a variety of volunteer opportunities, for individuals and groups of all ages. Volunteer opportunities are available during the daytime, evening, and on weekends.
MAM loves to share information about volunteering in the community and we are happy to come to you. If you are you interested in having someone come speak to your group about volunteer opportunities at MAM or participate in your volunteer fair, please let us know.
For more information about volunteering, please contact:
Angel Elza, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 713-574-7540.
Please print, complete and bring to MAM when you discuss your volunteer options. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept walk-in volunteers. All volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application and come in for a short interview and orientation.
|Adult Volunteer Application: PDF
||Students, 18 and younger*: PDF
||* Students must be at least 13 years of age to volunteer and those under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
Volunteers help our clients in crisis to receive financial assistance. A six-month commitment is preferred.
- Volunteer positions include: Receptionist, client interviewer, phone volunteer and data entry
- Volunteer weekly: Monday – Thursday (9 am-12 pm, 12 pm-3 pm) or Friday (9 am-12 pm
The MAM Resale Store is booming and volunteers are critical in every aspect of store operations. Proceeds from store sales support MAM programs and generate 1/3 of MAM’s annual revenue.
- Volunteers are needed to: assist customers, sort and price donations, operate the cash register, work on displays, and make simple repairs on merchandise
- Volunteer weekly for 2 or more hours: Monday-Friday (10 am-6 pm), Saturday (10 am-5 pm)
Interact directly with MAM clients and support them during the job search process as they learn to use the computer, search for jobs, update their résumé, and prepare for interviews.
- Volunteer positions include: Volunteer Job Coach, Computer Literacy Volunteer, Employment Certification Program Course Instructors, and Employment Services Mentors
- Volunteer weekly for 3.5 hours, Mon-Friday (9 am-4:30 pm) or volunteer weekly for 1 hour as a mentor
English as a Second Language
Brighten the future of an English as a Second Language (ESL) student by teaching conversational skills and practical, everyday knowledge.
- Volunteer positions include: Lead Instructors, classroom assistants, and tutors
- Volunteer weekly for a Spring, Summer or Fall Semester. Classes are 2-3 hours long, and tutoring sessions last an hour. Daytime and evening classes offered.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
We love groups of volunteers at MAM! We welcome your church groups, Sunday school class, sorority/fraternity, or corporation. Group volunteer times are available Monday-Friday (9 am – 6 pm), Thursday (6-8 pm) and Saturday (9 am – 5 pm). Occasional Sunday work days are available.
We can accommodate volunteer groups of up to 10 people maximum. We prefer that you contact MAM at least a month in advance to schedule a group volunteer project.
Student Volunteer Opportunities
Students of all ages are welcome at MAM. Any volunteer under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Students should contact the Volunteer Coordinator at least 24 hours in advance of when they would like to volunteer. Due to safety regulations, students should observe the dress code: closed-toe shoes required; bottoms must be at least knee length – no shorts or skirts; no tank tops, spaghetti straps, halter tops, strapless tops or athletic wear allowed.
* Unfortunately, we are unable to accept walk-in volunteers. All volunteers are required to complete an application and come in for a short interview and orientation. Students who desire to volunteer on school holidays of for required hours need to schedule a time to come in at least one week in advance.
MAM Young Leaders Organization (MYLO)
Are you a young adult (age 21-40) looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of peers with a passion for community involvement? This is a great way for young professionals to get involved with a nonprofit organization and network with other like-minded professionals. MYLO plans hands-on projects each quarter to support MAM’s programs and client families. Visit the MYLO section of our site for more information.
Court Appointed Community Service:
Those who require service hours for court appointed community service need to call 713-468-4516 ext. 125.